Sunday, August 28, 2011

Man, I Wanna Be a Rock Star

So the other day I was browsing one of the 70 sites we've got our music on, and I discovered we'd entered a contest called 'Promote Me Like A Rock Star' on this awesome new music site called WhoTune.

Normally, I wouldn't give any contest another look. I never win anything. (I guess that's 'cuz I'm lucky in love... ) So when I saw that we were actually on the first page of the list of competitors, I just about fell off my chair! Were we really in second place?! I couldn't believe it. I logged out, refreshed the site, looked again. Yup, there we were with 'Won't Give Up', right at the top of the list. On page one of the competition! Page one!

So I got Facebooking. In no time, my friends and family stepped up and voted for us. I have been watching WhoTune like a hawk to see if we would suddenly drop down, but that didn't happen.
No.
You would not believe what did happen...
When I looked this afternoon, we had actually moved to first place!

Omg! Is this really happening?




The contest ends on August 31st, which is only a few days away. If we make the top three, we have to perform live via WhoTune's 'Live Stage' at midnight PST on August 31st (9am our time...Heaven help me.) If we win, we get a free 6-month global marketing campaign! This is exactly what we need to get our music out into the world, all we need is your vote!

Go here: http://www.whotune.com/#page=competitions
Then register by connecting to your FB account (or Twitter or MySpace).
Click the 'competitions' link at the top and cast your vote for 'Won't Give Up'!

Fingers crossed. And toes. And eyes.

Thanks everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Update! Til einded up in 2nd place at midnight PST! That means we are really in the running for the grand prize - a prize definitely worth winning! We'll be performing for the judges next week, who will make the final decision on who gets the 6-month marketing campaign.
    Keep those fingers/toes/eyes crossed!

    ReplyDelete