Thursday, August 25, 2011

Culture Shock

We've been back in Holland for three days now, and talk about culture shock! I was sure getting used to life in the States, after almost five months! But it's good to be back, and we're excited about all the new projects we've got planned...

So what to do while you're getting over jet-lag...? How about: write a Christmas song?! I've always wanted to write one, a cool one, not one of these sappy, corny, cheesy ones that make you nauseous. An awesome one, with strong melodies and mind-blowing harmonies and NO chimes. We'll probably include one on the new EP, due for release this Christmas. Although it's a challenge to think about Christmas stuff while I'm wearing sandals, batting mosquitos and watching the kids run around in their undies all day, I think we'll be able to pull it off.

I've been car-listening to the new album and really like what I hear so far. It's sometimes tough to listen to your own voice objectively, but these tunes are so genuine, I actually catch myself getting goose-bumps now and then! That's crazy! But I can only share with the world what rocks my own world - it wouldn't be real otherwise...

Next to the album, we're planning on performing again - just as soon as the jet-lag is over that is... If you know any good venues you'd like us to come play at, let us know! Also, I am going to start vocal coaching to people of any age who have a desire to find their voice. Let me know if you're interested - I can coach via internet as well! I've developed a method to not only help improve singing abilities, but also public speaking - it's all about control and presence. Control and presence. My mantra.

Finally got the latest newsletter finished and am in the process of sending it out over the next few days - if you can't wait for it to arrive in your mailbox, check it out here!

Ok, now this Mama singer is ready for a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment